Thursday, September 23, 2004

my flowers...

good news of the day-the plant in my cube is flowering ! Well one of them is anyway, its called Kalanchoe. This is great since it is the first poor plant that has flowered under my care:) It's an easy plant to take care of, looks sort of like a cactus, doesn't need much water, and seems to like the florescent light. I have another pot with a Gardenia planted in it, once the original flowers fell off, there have been no new ones. I don' t think it likes it here very much, some of the leaves are turning brown, but it still shiny so there might be hope.
In the mean time I will just enjoy the little white, happy flowers that are blossoming right now:)
Speaking of flowers, here are some cool quotes I found:

The artist is the confidant of nature, flowers carry on dialogues with him through the graceful bending of their stems and the harmoniously tinted nuances of their blossoms, Every flower has a cordial word which nature directs towards him.
Auguste Rodin


What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.
Joseph Addison (1672 - 1719)


The summer's flower is to the summer sweet,
Though to itself it only live and die,
But if that flower with base infection meet,
The basest weed outbraves his dignity:
For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;
Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds.
-Shakespeare


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's cool that your plant is flowering. Those are some really nice quotes that you found!

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Shveta,


You sound so much like me, apart from sharing my first name, you too are happy about the first plant flourishing in your care.

I never seem to be a good mom for my house plants. Finally, I have one at my desk at work and it seems to like the florescent light too.

And of course, you have those beautiful quotes there to share. TQ!

bye for now.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a pink flower site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out when you have the time :-)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home