Thursday, November 04, 2004

Trees..

ah fall...surrounded by so many colors. Its a driving hazard for me! I am so busy looking at the yellows, orange, flaming reds, and greens. I am so tempted to just spend the day tree watching:)

Ok I admit it, I am a tree hugger! I love trees. I find them peaceful and artistic, sitting so still but so full of life. What I can't put into words, I can show with picture and poetry :

I Go Among Trees

I go among trees and sit still.
All my stirring becomes quiet
Around me like circles on water.
My tasks lie in their places
Where I left them, asleep like cattleā€¦.
Then what I am afraid of comes.
I live for awhile in its sight.
What I fear in it leaves it,
And the fear of it leaves me.
It sings, and I hear its song.

-Wendell Berry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home